100% pure essential oil
BEWIT Camphor (Ravintsara)
The pungent, distinctive, fresh, strongly balsamic scent of camphor can cheer you up and give you a lift when you feel tired. It is said to have stimulating and harmonising effects on the body and soul.
100% pure and natural
All ingredients contained in the product are 100% pure and natural and non-synthetic.
Our ethical approach is based on respect for all living things = we have not, do not and will never in the future test our products on animals.
The CTEO® pictogram is an expression of the BEWIT standards and protocols by which we check the quality of our essential oils. These include procedures for sourcing, transporting, storing, packaging and shipping essences.
To ensure maximum results every time, we make our essential oils from plants that come from the best sources around the world. We select our ingredients with an emphasis on scientific knowledge, historical wisdom, the legacy of our ancestors and practical results.
We check the exact composition and quality of essential oils at a unique level in our laboratory in Ostrava. For more information on the methods by which we discover the secrets of these unique gifts of nature, se you could find out here .
Did you know that you can download the oil analysis on the tab of each product, under the „Downloads“ tab? Or just take a look at the a sample example ofPalmarosa essential oil.
To significantly improve the properties, quality, durability and efficiency of the product, we apply harmonising pyramidal energy to it during processing, storage and shipping. More information about BEWIT pyramids here.
100% PURE CAMPHOR ESSENTIAL OIL
An evergreen, twiggy tree with scaly bark and a trunk circumference of up to
5 m – this is camphor. The steam distillation process produces an essential
oil with a "medicinal " aroma from the crushed
In the countries of its origin, Asia and East Africa, it was a sought-after aphrodisiac**.
As a distillate of the branches, root stumps and split wood of the camphor tree, camphor essential oil is processed and passed through a filter to produce four fractions of camphor oil – white, yellow, brown and blue. Of all the fractions, only white camphor oil is used for aromatic purposes. The other fractions contain high levels of a substance called safrole, which is considered carcinogenic and toxic. White camphor also contains safrole, but only in very small amounts.
It is used in cosmetic products for hair loss to promote
growth while cleansing the scalp. The hair is smoother and softer.
It can also be used as part of a shampoo for lice infestation.
May help to increase libido and stimulate sensual desire.
As a mental balm
In aromatherapy, it works to help resolve issues of nervousness and anxiety.
In commercial preparations, you will often find it in massage oils to relieve stiffness and spasm of muscles and for joint pain.
Helps to breathe freely
The scent of camphor oil is known in aromatherapy for providing relief to a „clogged“ respiratory system – it can clear the lungs and address cold symptoms and issues such as when someone has difficulty breathing.
When applied topically, you may feel a cooling sensation
that can block sensory sensations on the skin, resulting in local
This is also used in the cosmetic industry for rash, itching, acne, sores and insect bites.
This essential oil also serves as a insect repellent.
BENEFITS OF CAMPHOR ESSENTIAL OIL
- Used in cosmetics for problematic skin such as acne, itchy rash, sores.
- In hair cosmetics it is used in stimulating hair roots.
- It can help in schools when lice are present.
- Natural repelent.
- Good for colds and where someone has difficulty breathing.
- May be used for muscle tension and discomfort in joints.
- Provides a feeling of local numbness by its cooling nature.
- It is suitable for general strain of the body.
- May relieve stress.
- After sporting for possible relaxation of muscles and joints, you can add to the massage serum BEWIT SPORT RELAX.
- To nourish and support beautiful hair, BEWIT PRAWTEIN HAIR can also be used in combination with HAIR SERUM, 200 ml.
- To support sexual desire you can apply INTIM LOVE Serum for women and SUP-ER-MAN Serum for men and add BEWIT PRAWTEIN GINSENG PLUS to your diet. Within the blends, EROS, MOON for women and SUP-ER-MAN for men can help.
- For application to the skin, dilute camphor essential oil with BEWIT Cold Pressed Vegetable Oils.
- Become the author and mix your ideal product tailored to your skin's needs with BEWIT Essential Base Oil.
- If you complement your skin treatment with camphor essential oil in carrier oil with any of the BEWIT essential waters, your skin will be more hydrated, softened and the synergy will contribute to a more effective fine-tuning. This synergy is especially suitable for acneic, itchy, sore skin. The essential water is also ideal for replenishing the skin.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE HISTORY OF CAMPHOR
Used in ancient China
For centuries, camphor essential oil was used by the Chinese and Indians
for religious and medicinal purposes, as its scent was believed
to have healing effects on the mind and body.
In China, the sturdy and fragrant wood of the camphor tree was also used in the construction of ships and temples.
It is also known in Ayurveda
In Ayurvedic treatment, this essential oil was added to medicine to address cold symptoms such as coughing, vomiting and diarrhea. It was thought to be beneficial in addressing everything from skin ailments such as eczema, to problems associated with bloating, to stress-related concerns. Historically, camphor was even used in medicine, believed to cure speech impediments and psychological disorders.
In Europe against the plague
In 14th century Europe and Persia, camphor was used as a disinfectant in fumigations during the plague and in embalming.
Czech botanical name: Camphor tree
English name: Camphor, Ravintsara
Latin name: Cinnamomum camphora
Country of origin: India